[cvsnt] Re: Bug with rdiff/update using commit identifier

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Apr 2 02:01:09 BST 2005

Matt Schuckmann wrote:
> Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the previous version of
> b.cpp is not on the branch.
>
> Is this a bug or am I missing something?

You'd have to look at the RCS file - the previous version is pulled from
the version number chains in that file, not from any particular
interpretation of the number itself.

Have a look at that file with something like textpad and you can see the
chains (the 'next' and 'branches' tags).  For the first item on a branch
there will be a 'branches' line of 1.2.2.1.. normally that would be on
1.2, but it's possible (although rare) for it to be elsehere.