[cvsnt] RE: module2 bug, part 2

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Mon Apr 4 14:29:30 BST 2005

Thanks Michael !

I am copying your answer to the list as it may be useful not only for
me.

Best Regards,
Jan

CVSROOT=:sspi:... at ...:/rep1

> what I expected was really checked out, but the server also produced
many
> errors like:
>
> cvs server: cannot open directory /rep1/module2/module3: No such file
or
> directory cvs server: skipping directory myProject/module2/module3
>
> and
>
> cvs server: cannot open directory /rep1/module3/someDir/module3: No
such
> file or directory cvs server: skipping directory
> myProject/module3/someDir/module3
>

> The similar thing when i did an update of module2 or module3:
>
> cvs server: skipping directory module2/someDir/module3
> cvs server: cannot open directory /rep1/module2/someDir/module3: No
such
> file or directory
>
> Moreover, module2 appeared as empty subdir of module3 and vice-versa
>

> Well, then I tried this syntax:
>
> [myProject]
> / = module1
> module2 = module2
> module3 = module3
>
> The same result.
>

> However in case of modules2 section:
>
> [myProject]
> / = module1
> dir1 = module2/dir1
> dir2 = module2/dir2
> module3 = module3
>
> There is no error during myProject checkout and update of dir1 or dir2
is
> correct. Update of module3 still causes bunch of those recursive
errors
> and
> dir1 and dir2 appears as sub dirs of module3.
>

> Does anybody have any idea how to make modules2 works correctly or
would I
> have go back to modules file ?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> JP

This email message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and proprietary information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify Brooks Automation, Inc. immediately by reply email or by calling Brooks US Headquarters at +1 978-262-2400. Then delete this message from your system, without making any copy or distribution.  Thank you.