[cvsnt] Assigning Initial Checking Revision

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Apr 5 09:32:43 BST 2005

Why do you want to do this at all?
The revision numbers are items used internally by CVS to keep track of
changes to the individual files themselves. There is no other meaning
attached to revision numbers and you should not interfere with the CVS
revisions.
Also note that revision numbers ending with a zero, like the one you
suggested, have special meanings to CVS and should not be used at all!

I suspect that somehow you are confusing product versions with the CVS
revision numbers, but they have nothing at all in common and could not
be used interchangeably.
Product versions are managed in CVS by using "tags", which can be applied
across many different files at different revisions to tie together all
files valid for a certain product version.

Tags are what you should use!

/Bo