[cvsnt] Re: Running OpenSSH and CVSNT on Windows server 2003 - Is it possible?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Apr 6 13:10:23 BST 2005

Carol S. Schendorf wrote:
> 2.5.1.1923; and I have done a manual install of the cygwin SSH binaries
> following directions I found posted here and in the vague email lists. I
> have checked and rechecked the port connections and verified that virus

That last I heard cygwin SSH was not compatible with Win2003 - the
problem is the same reason that cvsnt had to change its impersonation
methods a while back... the Win2003 permissions will not allow a process
to do what cygwin does to impersonate.

This may be fixed now but you'd be better off asking on a cygwin list
for the answers.