[cvsnt] Re: Occasional Error: Entries.Log: Permission denied

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Apr 6 23:32:16 BST 2005

Tobias Rodenbach wrote:
> Now for the Questions:
> - What's the purpose of this Entries.log anyway? I examined other
> checked out repositories and did not find any of these files there (I
> guess they have been unlinked successfully), in others i have fond
> many.

I *think* it is the temporary place where new Entries info is stored
until the commit is finalized.

> - Any idea why the deletion fails? I (blindly) guess that the file is
> in use by some other task and cannot be removed therefore; can this be
> a CVSNT task? Should I turn of real time AV-Scanning on my local disk
> as well? I really wouldn't like to do that...

AV would do it intermittently.  You should be able to tell your AV
realtime scanner to ignore your source directories.  TBH, I'd rather see
CVS do some idle / retry loop to let the AV continue on the client side
(server side I understand, but sandboxes are sometimes stored in lots of
places).

--
Glen Starrett