[cvsnt] cannot rename file CVS/Entries.Backup to CVS/Entries: File exists

Kerr, David DKerr at corvis.com
Thu Apr 7 18:37:12 BST 2005

My configuration is:
 - CVS archive on a linux machine
 - Access archive using cvsnt on a windows NT 4.0 client via :pserver:
 - two network share drives on a windows 2000 server machine, mapped to N: and M:
 - one drive exported from a solaris box mapped as I:

 - downloaded and installed cvsnt version  2.0.51d
----------------------
D:\PROGRA~1\cvsnt>cvs -version
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2001 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors
CVSNT version (Aug 19 2004) Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Tony Hoyle and others
------------------------------

 Then do the following:
set CVSROOT to :pserver:user at server:/path_to_repository
cd to one of the drives mentioned above, then issue the command:
cvs co module_name

I get the following results:

If the destination drive I cd'd to is:
N,M (the WIN2K shared drives)
  - I get an error: cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file CVS/Entries.Backup to CVS/Entries: File exists

If I go to a local C: drive - the checkout works OK.

If I go to the solaris exported drive, I:, the checkout works OK.

If I instead use the cvs installation from the cygwin distribution from a bash shell, the checkouts also work OK.

Does anyone know how to correct the problem on the win2K network shares?

Thanks,
Dave

The information contained in this e-mail including any attachments may constitute Corvis Equipment Corporation Proprietary Information that is subject to Non-Disclosure Agreement and cannot be disclosed to any other party without the express consent of Corvis Corporation.

If you are neither the intended recipient of this e-mail nor responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, note that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or retention of this e-mail is prohibited.

If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, we request that you notify the sender by return e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any return email immediately.