[cvsnt] Re: cvs chacl usage problem - permission on HEAD

Yan Cheng Cheok yccheok at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:37:44 BST 2005

Hello all, please note that I had set write permission for non-head
branch for user yccheok. however, user yccheok still cannot commit to
non-head branch unless i turn off the readonly permission at HEAD
branch for user yccheok.

Can anyone please advice on this?

thank you.

cheok
---------------------------------------

E:\sandbox\yccheok\helloworld>cvs lsacl
Directory: .
Owner: vincent

user=vincent,branch=HEAD
        read
        write
        create
        tag
        control

user=yccheok,branch=HEAD
        read
        write(deny)
        create
        tag
        control

user=yccheok
        read
        write
        create
        tag
        control

E:\sandbox\yccheok\helloworld>cvs status
cvs server: Examining .
File: helloworld.c      Status: Locally Modified

   Working revision:    1.2.2.2
   Repository revision: 1.2.2.2 /cvsroot/helloworld/helloworld.c,v
   Expansion option:    kv
   Commit Identifier:   d30425b74e162c3
   Sticky Tag:          cheok (branch: 1.2.2)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      -kkv
   Merge From:          (none)

cvs server: Examining sub
File: sub.c             Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.1
   Repository revision: 1.1     /cvsroot/helloworld/sub/sub.c,v
   Expansion option:    kv
   Commit Identifier:   b48425b71565731
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      -kkv
   Merge From:          (none)

E:\sandbox\yccheok\helloworld>cvs commit
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining sub

Log message unchanged or not specified
a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining dirs
Action: (continue) c
cvs server: User yccheok is unable to write to ./helloworld.c - ignoring

E:\sandbox\yccheok\helloworld>cvs chacl -R -r HEAD -u yccheok -a read,write,cre
te,tag,control
setting ACL for directory .
setting ACL for directory sub

E:\sandbox\yccheok\helloworld>cvs commit
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining sub

Log message unchanged or not specified
a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining dirs
Action: (continue) c
Checking in helloworld.c;
/cvsroot/helloworld/helloworld.c,v  <--  helloworld.c
new revision: 1.2.2.3; previous revision: 1.2.2.2
done