[cvsnt] Re: permissions 444;

Clóvis Garcia clovis at phoebus.com.br
Wed Apr 13 19:21:12 BST 2005

Martijn Laan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Some files in a repository I use have per revision lines like
>
> permissions    444;
>
> This seems to cause WinCVS to (sometimes?) mark the file readonly in my
> working copy which is unwanted. However, I can't find how to remove
> these lines nor do I have any idea how they got there in the first place.
>
> I looked around in the help file and the website and found lots of
> permissions stuff but nothing that seemed to be related to my problem.
> So if anyone can help, thanks in advance.
>
> Greetings,
> Martijn Laan

I had the same problem. In some cases the permission appears like 51 or
71. I have problems with readonly issue and sometimes my work copy could
not be updated and I received a message like this:

cvs -w -q -x update -P -- parser.c (in directory W:\Atual\RPT_LIB\src\)
RCS file: /Pos/RPT_LIB/src/parser.c,v
retrieving revision 1.9
retrieving revision 1.10
Merging differences between 1.9 and 1.10 into parser.c
rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge
cvs [server aborted]: cannot create parser.c for copying: Permission denied

Could anyone help me?

Thanks,
Clóvis Garcia