[cvsnt] Re: permissions 444;

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Apr 14 01:37:57 BST 2005

Clóvis Garcia wrote:
> I have no AV on my server. Answer me a question: Is there a possibility
> of a new implementation of WinCvs been using this permission? This
> problem started to happen just after I´ve changed both WinCvs and cvsnt
> (local). Besides that I´ve noticed the changes in permission tag (old
> projects are all with permission with the value 666). I´ve already
> checked everything you said about watch, edit, ... but everythings is as
> it was supposed to be.

I create a few files with permissions of 444, and have been doing
various things with them... they always come back read/write as expected.

It's actually quite hard to create a read only permission line - it
implies someine edited a file, made it read only then committed it,
which is pretty rare (I'm not at all sure even that's enough to do it).
  All the examples I had were from -kc and -kx tests which are always
read only anyway... took some hand editing to create a test set.