[cvsnt] info on cvslockd?

dzielke at aep.com dzielke at aep.com
Thu Apr 21 15:22:53 BST 2005

Greetings!

I am getting cvslockd connection errors when trying to run an rtag against
a module alias. I have the alias defined in the modules file as follows:

# Individual Modules
CafPhaseI &project/CafPhaseI
caf &doc/caf
lib &lib/caf/SecurityModule
common  &common/commonComponents
ApplicationSuite &suites/ApplicationSuite
miscAdminScripts &common/tools/miscAdminScripts

# Modules related by software project
AllCAF -a CafPhaseI caf ApplicationSuite lib common miscAdminScripts

I can do a checkout on the above alias, and get all the modules that make
up my CAF project.

I want to have the option to do a commit/update/rtag on them same way, but
it doesn't like it - it tells me "there is no version here. Do a checkout
first".  Well, actually, the rtag complains that it can't connect to the
lock server.   But if I cd down into each of the above modules, I can do
anything.  I wanted to use the ampersand alias because it puts all the
subdirectories under a folder by the alias name.  Most of the time,
developers will be working in only one or two of the modules under AllCAF
and will only check in as is appropriate.  I suppose I could write a
script to do a "master tagging" function that would tag all four
components for the user automatically, but if CVS can do it for me, I
won't bother.

I was looking for info in the archives but without a search function it's
just taking too long.  I figured I might as well just ask.  For future
reference, is there a search interface/function available for the
archives?

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power