[cvsnt] (no subject)

Richard Kerry Richard.Kerry at bbc.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 15:39:21 BST 2005

Just tried a 'cvs admin -m' command (via graph|change log message) to change a log message and got:

cvs [server aborted]: usage is restricted to repository administrators

How do I tell cvs that I am the administrator ?
Cederqvist says Unix cvs has a cvsadmin group but that WinNT doesn't, but I'm using Windows (server is under Server 2003, client is XP) and it obviously does.  I've added a group cvsadmin, with me in it, but that hasn't made it work.

Actually, now found the entry in CvsNt manual.  It appears I'd need to be in the Administrators group, which I don't want to be.  Is there any other way of getting the admin command without this potentially dangerous step ?

Uncertainly,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
Colledia Control Engineer
Siemens Business Services - Solutions Division (Formerly BBC Technology Ltd)
Room 457 Design Building, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ
T: +44 (0)20 82259063 F: +44 (0)20 8576 8182 M: +44 (0)7973 817745
Email: richard.kerry at bbc.co.uk
Website:  www.siemens.co.uk/sbs    www.siemens.co.uk/sbsmedia
This e-mail contains confidential information and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s.  If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately.  We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.

Siemens Business Services Limited
Registered No: 1203466 England
Registered Office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FZ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.