[cvsnt] Installation problems with 1927

Dennis Forcier dforcier at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 23 23:23:38 BST 2005

>It works fine installed to other drives - in fact most of its testing is
>done that way as I don't like writing test files to my C: drive.

You're confusing two different error descriptions.  The one I asked for
acknowlegement on is an Installer error and it occurred on both D:
(twice) and C: (once).

But since you were talking about the -init error, and that always works
for you, then what I saw must have been an illusion.  An illusion that
happened on two different installs and 4 different repositories.

Are you using a clean machine for testing?  Sounds like you're testing
on your development machine.

> That's not the service name it's the short description.  The names are
CVSNT and CVSLock.

Whatever the proper term is, the problem remains.  It's what I see when
I use services management, and it hides the info I need.  (The column
it appears in is labeled 'Name' as per Torsten's post above).

DMF