[cvsnt] Installation problems with 1927

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Apr 24 20:33:29 BST 2005

Dennis Forcier wrote:
> Does it get the install location out of the PATH environment variable?
> Maybe that was munged.  If it was it's fine now.  But maybe the
> re-install to C: fixed it.  If I get ambitious I'll try re-installing
> to D:.  I trust that move won't affect an active repository?

It's written to the registry (in HKLM\Software\CVS\PServer) by the
installer.. I try not to rely on PATH as it's a bit fragile.

> Thanks.  That fits the evidence.  (Also happens on Win2000 with the
> Installer upgrade.)  A readme to that effect would sure be nice.

It needs fixing in the next release... depending on whether that's
2.5.02 or a 2.5.01 SP.  It's just a 1 line change to the wix script but
isn't in any current builds.

> Well, for the sake of those of us who do use the management services,
> please append the version string to the other text. <g>

OK I'll look at it.