[cvsnt] Anyone Using sspi protocol with eclipse and CVSNT

BenM benmeadowcroft at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:02:34 BST 2005

On 4/22/05, LJhumun <ljhumun at sil.intnet.mu> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Anyone using sspi protocol to connect CVSNT 2.058d and Eclipse,
>
> If anyone using it please help me how to configure Eclipse so that it
> can use SSPI with CVSNT.

I'm currently using Eclipse 3.0.1 to connect to a Win 2k3 CVSNT
2.0.58d repository. You have to use the extnt.exe (you can get this
when you install CVSNT on the client) wrapper to connect to the
repository from eclipse. You also need an earlier version of extnt
from CVSNT 2.0.54 (along with relevant dlls) in order to work with
Eclipse. It may just be easier to install the earlier version on the
clients, I couldn't get the 2.0.58d client to work with eclipse at
all.

Configuration of CVSNT 2.0.58d from the control panel is to ensure
that all the compatibility switches are set to respond as expected by
generic non cvsnt clients.

You can then configure Eclipse CVS settings by going to Team > CVS >
Ext Connection Method in the preferences panel (this is in 3.0.1). Set
the CVS_RSH to the path to your 2.0.54 extnt.exe and use "{host} -l
{user}" without the quotes as the parameters, put in the cvs
repositories server name.

in your extnt.ini you need something like the following:

[repositoryhost]
protocol=sspi
hostname=repositoryhost
directory=/cvs

where "repositoryhost" is the cvs server host

You can now access the repository from eclipse. I believe later
versions of eclipse are intending to make these kinds of workarounds
unnecessary! From eclipse you now use the ext connection method to
connect to the repository and this will transparently use the sspi
connection method.

hope this is useful,
Ben