[cvsnt] BUG: Ampersands STILL not handled correctly in 2.5.01.1927

torsten at tiscali.dk torsten at tiscali.dk
Fri Apr 29 08:59:41 BST 2005

We are currently running 2.0.58.d.

I have previously tried upgrading to 2.0.62, but had to abandon the attempt
because
1) & characters were inserted in the fileattr.xml file without conversion
(this could be fixed by manually editing the file)
2) 8-bit characters were not handled correctly, and I did not find any way
of manually correcting the problem.

This was on Linux, and I was informed (via the then-existing bug tracker)
that 1) had been fixed, and that 2) was probably due to some incorrect setup
of my server.

Today we then tried upgrading a Windows server running 2.0.58.d to 2.5.01.1927,
we get this error:

   Malformed fileattr.xml file in /cvs/gh/salg/AIS_Tilbud_2005/PHAE_BE_1280/CVS.
Please fix or delete this file

The offending line is

  <file name="PHAE_01280_1.0-1.0 SS&S Price calculation.xls">

As is evident, CVSNT has failed to substitute "&amp;" for "&".

-Torsten