[cvsnt] Re: After upgrade CVSNT requires domainname in username

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Apr 30 18:53:15 BST 2005

HECHMANN IVO wrote:
> I wanted to upgrade the existing cvsnt installation (2.0.9) to the newest
> (2.5.01).
>
> the users connect the cvsserver using pserver.
>
> After the installation cvs login was only accepted when the domainname was
> given with the username (set CVSROOT=:pserver:<domainname>\<username>
> @server:<repository>
>
> On the server in the cvsnt control panel ("server settings") i checked "run
> as user (client user) and i tried default domain both (localhostname and
> the domainname), i always had to add the domainname to the username to
> successfully login.

If you use SSPI then you don't need to enter any username, assuming you
have logged in with the credentials that you'll be using to access
CVSNT.  It is by far the simplest method, I suggest switching.

As for the default domain not working as expected, I can't help --
hopefully someone else can.

--
Glen Starrett