[cvsnt] Windows Server 2003 service pack 1 install broke my cvsnt

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Aug 3 16:53:50 BST 2005

VILA Jean-Louis wrote:
> Tony,
>
> 	You're right if you use pserver from cvsnt, the System account works fine.

Or SSPI, GServer, basically anything else.

> But, many users use SSH tunnelling like openSSH and if they want to use W2003 they will have some great problems with specific rights.

That's a cygwin problem... not a cvsnt issue, and also unrelated to the
problem under discussion.

> Tony, I've still have, with openSSH only not with pserver, a problem :
> 	"Unable to rename file ...." 10 times when a user try to commit file
> We use CVSNT 2.0.58d and openSSH 3.8.x and W2003

Something is holding the file open.  Probably Antivirus - make sure all
AV is disabled for the repository an temporary directories.

I don't recommend using SSH on a Win32 platform.  SSPI is always easier.