[cvsnt] How can CVS lose a file

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Wed Aug 3 18:35:32 BST 2005

I'm setting up an automatic mirror of my web site via a postcommand script
and whenever the postcommand script does an update for a newly commited file
it's comming up with the error message:
cvs.exe update: warning: index.htm was lost

Where index.htm is the file that was just commited. Further more the file is
not updated.

What does this error message mean?

If I go to the server and just execute the update manualy it works fine.

I thought that I had tried this a couple months ago with an earlier version
of CVS and didn't have this problem.
I'm currently at cvs version 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 2025 both client and
server.

And neither the sandbox I'm trying to update nor the repository are on
network drives.

Thanks
Matt S.