[cvsnt] problem in running C# (.Net Application) files after checkout(second time post)

ankush grover ankushgrover1711 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 05:39:28 BST 2005

hey friends,

Today I downloaded the recent version of CVSNT and WInCVS from their
respective sites.My Company is using .(dot)Net Application for
building softwares.I created 1 repository on Windows XP Pro SP2 named
"testing". I imported one module to this repository ,but while
importing the module the Wincvs showed some errors in "Import Filter"
Windows.

"  File has some escape characters in it (0x00-ox20,0x......"
"   Type ".resources"   Entry kind -- Binary.
"  Type *.cs "   Entry kind --Text

Mentioned above are the errors shown by "Import Filter" while
importing the module .

After importing the module into the repository ,I checkout the module
and try to run it.
But it gave many errors  there were no errors in the original module(
before iimporting) and when I check the few files i can see  there are
some randon characters in the code like

public class ODToolBarButtonCollection:CollectionBase{਍ഀ
਍ഀ
               ///<summary>Returns the Button with the given index.</summary>਍ഀ
               public ODToolBarButton this[int index]{਍ഀ
     get{਍ഀ
                               return((ODToolBarButton)List[index]);਍ഀ

These ?? marks are not there in the original source code and these are
shown as boxes when I opened this file with .(dot)Net Studio.

While importing the module at the first time I did not change anything
means i did not edit these errors to  change their Entry type. I again
imported the same module but this time I change  " Type *.resources"
Entry kind  from Binary to Forced Text ,but still the errors are
persisting.

I am using Wincvs 2.0.2.3 build ,CVS Concurrent Versions System
(CVSNT) 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1976 (client/server)  on Windows XP
Professional with Service Pack2.

Please guide me as the need is very urgent.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover