[cvsnt] Re: Cleaning "fake" revisions from repository

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sat Aug 6 22:17:53 BST 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> 4. Select groups of files I suspect of belonging to the same change
> (ideally of course you should commit after every change so this should
> often be equivalent to selecting all - but then of course reality
> seldom is that perfect).

There's another -- perfect :) -- reason for committing one change set in
multiple commits: when you want different comments for different groups of
files, even though they belong to the same set (like a feature
implementation).

Ideally cvsnt would provide a way to commit several files as one atomic
commit, but with different comments for the individual files.

> The command is cvs admin -o. It allows you to delete arbitrary
> revisions from the repository. Which revisions to delete you have to
> determine yourself, so no it could not automagically fix all files at
> once. I don't know whether Tortoise does have a UI for this.

Not that I know of.

Gerhard