[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.02 Build 2048

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Aug 7 19:21:38 BST 2005

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:19:48 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) build 2048 (Stable RC2).
>* Added client-side certificates for sserver.  Setup is a bit fiddly
>(create our own CA, issue tickets to client and server) and probably
>isn't for everyone at the moment.
>* Support Schannel SSPI (disabled by default).  Given a Win2003 CA, and
>valid server & user certificates, this allow login by certificate/ssl
>encryption over SSPI.  (the obvious step - using this technique for
>sserver - is on the list of things to do).
>Ticket  Description
>#67     Email interface not generating correct information.
>#68     Add switch to disable mdns
>#69     Client-side sserver certificates
>#71     ssh yes/no/cancel dialog broken.    Broke in 2042.

I have now created the InnoSetup installer version of the 2048 setup.
There is a strange thing that happened to me when testing it, during
install it displays (twice) an error message about type library
registration and I don't know why.
Just clicking OK on these boxes seems to have no adverse effect on
basic functioning of the CVSNT server, but I would really like to know
which files are involved in these errors. Is there anyone out there
who can check this and find out which files are involved?

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)