[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2048: Repository auditing issues

Johannes Kilian jok at vitronic.com
Mon Aug 8 11:02:57 BST 2005

Hi,

I just installed the RC2 (Build 2048) and started playing around with
the Repository auditing feature.

I'm running MySQL 5.0.10beta on WinXP SP2.

I created a database named <cvsaudit> and created the tables inside
using the "create_tables_mysql.sql" script.
The MySQL-Server runs on the same machine as CVSNT-Server does.

In the CVSNT control-panel I configured the "repository auditing
extension" using the following parameters:
Databasetype: MySQL
Name: cvsaudit
Prefix: [EMPTY]
Username: root
Password: ******

The Username/Password is the combination used for MySQL-Access ...

Now I've got following problems/questions:
----------------------------
I want to initially checkout a module from my repository. Doing this I
get the following message:
cvs -d :sspi:pcjok2:/Test checkout -P -- repotest (in directory D:\Test)
cvs server: Couldn't open default trigger library: No such file or directory
Audit trigger database open failed: Client does not support
authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Audit trigger initialiasation failed!
cvs server: Pre-command check failed

What am I missing? What's to do to get auditing working?
If auditing is enabled:
Are all Repositories audited?
Is it possible to configure an auditing-database per repository?

Thanks

Johannes