[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2048: Error connecting to older cvs-server

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 9 20:09:56 BST 2005

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:51:41 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>ver: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.38 (client/server)
>> In this case I can run 'everything' I need.
>> But using 2.5.02 build 2048 on the client side towards the exact same
>> server:
>> cvs status -q -- AGIAdmin.cfg (in directory
>> C:\Engineering\Projects\PC\AGIAdmin\)
>> [80090311] No authority could be contacted for authentication.
>I'm guessing it means the server couldn't contact the active directory
>controller at that moment... is it intermittent?
No intermittent behaviour here, the connection is by way of VPN tunnel
and the behaviour is fully consistent with which client binaries
WinCvs is pointing at. If I use older versions then all is OK but with
2048 I get the authority error.
I am using a CVSROOT of the form :sspi:user at server:/repo towards the
2.0.38 server. So the password should be cached locally.
Is there any difference in the way the 2048 build interprets the
cached password? I have done the initial login way back using possibly
2.0.41 or similar as the client.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)