[cvsnt] Basic Linux server install questions

cedmail at comcast.net cedmail at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 18:35:28 BST 2005

I am trying to setup the cvsnt server on a Linux box running RedHat 9.0
I downloaded the .rpm and installed it.
I then tried to follow the linux directions but I must be missing something because when I try and connect with SmartCVS from a Windows XP box I get a "You could not get authenticated by the CVS server" error.
I went through the installation guide as follows:

CVS Server Configuration - I uncommented the repository lines:
Repository0=/usr/local/cvs
Repository0Name=/cvs
Repository0Description=ETS Repository

Under the CVS run with xinetd section I modifed the cvs as follows:
service cvspserver
{
        disable         = no
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        group           = root
        log_type        = FILE /var/log/cvspserver
        env             = 'HOME=/home/cvsroot'
        server          = /usr/bin/cvsnt
        server_args     = authserver
        groups          = yes
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        flags           = REUSE IPv6
        mdns            = no # Lockserver handles mdns broadcast
}

for the Lockserver, the cvslockd file was already loaded in the /etc/init.d directory for I just ran:
chkconfig --list | grep cvslockd
with the following results:
cvslockd        0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

I then ran the cvs -d :local:/usr/local/cvs  init

I then set up the PAM stuff per the directions.

I tested the cvs -version and the telnet localhost 2402 and both seem to be working.

In the SmartCVS I use:
User root
Server address 172.16.100.103
Path to repository /usr/local/cvs
and the password.

After that point I am lost.  I am not sure what else I need to do or change or point to another location to make it work.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Calvin