[cvsnt] Re: Repository Backup

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Aug 12 15:13:58 BST 2005

> From: [...] Antoine TYNEVEZ
> Hi Gerhard, I was thinking about saving Java source file only.

If you only want version control over Java source files, then only put
Java source files in your repository.  If you want version control over
other files, then add those other files to the repository.  Either way,
if I was a user of that repository, I'd expect to be able to recover any
version of a file I'd placed in it - I wouldn't expect only some of them
to be backed up to tape (for example), and hence some of my development
work to be lost if the disk on the CVSNT server failed.

Just to check, Antoine, by 'repository backup', do you mean 'a copy of
the CVSNT server kept in case of catastrophe'?  Or do you mean 'copy of
the files in my sandbox in my local machine kept on the CVSNT server'?

		- Peter