[cvsnt] Re: RC4 glitches or features...?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Aug 15 16:49:09 BST 2005

David Somers wrote:
> Normally I'd expect such a feature to be disabled by default... and that
> somebody would have to do something to explicitly enable it... Some people
> I know would be very uncomfortable if crashdumps were sent out from behind
> the corporate firewall without prior knowledge/approval.

That behaviour was decided on the list as the least-worst given the
alternatives.

You can just select 'no' on the dialog box.  OTOH there's nothing in
there that's particularly incriminating.. just the place it crashed.  If
if bothers you just firewall it out.

Crashes shouldn't happen anyway - experience shows they're pretty rare
overall (given the statistics of downloads vs. crashdumps it's virtually
background noise).