[cvsnt] Re: RC4 glitches or features...?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 16 00:39:51 BST 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> Upon updating my WinCvs working copy using Checkout via :ssh: I get a
> "move away..." message for every single up-to-date file in my sandbox.
> This does not happen if I update the sandbox using Update instead of
> Checkout.

That's nothing to do with ssh... it's just a transport.

Has the sandbox got corrupted in some way?

> Going back to the CVSNT 2.0.51d, 2.0.58a or 2.5.1.2025 client binaries
> resolves both issues.

The client is unchanged since build 2025 apart from some unicode stuff
which wouldn't affect you.

That points to a change in the server.. you can only get that message if
the server is telling the client that all the files are new, not updated.