[cvsnt] Re: RC4 glitches or features...?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Aug 16 21:56:53 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> There isn't a lot it can do if it's been launched without a desktop.
> If it's just launched hidden but normal in other respects it should
> work (unless the OS overrides the dialog even then.. in which case
> there's nothing that can be done).

Could it maybe at least detect that it is invisible and then change the
default to not sending the report? How about displaying a Yes/No query
on STDOUT instead in that case? I'm not sure that most people would be
as tolerant when discovering that the cvs.exe is "phoning home" for no
apparent reason (as that will be what it will look like to them).

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org