[cvsnt] Re: RC4 glitches or features...?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Aug 16 23:29:30 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> In some ways I'm not surprised you're having trouble.. rename usually
> takes a couple of updates to settle on a branch.. if you start
> switching branches it could get wierd.

I know this is probably just beating a dead horse but as I'm still
confused about you not being able to reproduce the problem I thought
I'd mention it anyway:

In none of my tests was I dealing with branches. The tags I updated to
where rather ordinary release ids all on trunk revisions (e.g.
CVSNT_2_5_02_2060 and CVSNT_2_5_02_2061). And the renaming apparently
happened long before either of the tags I was switching between was set.

BTW: I now realize that that part of my problems apparently has nothing
to do with the client version used. It also happens with my CVSNT
2.0.51d client.

All in all I'm getting the feeling that I was probably putting far too
many different issues into one post and by now noone really knows to
tell them apart any more (including myself at some points)...
I'll repost any remaining issues one post each after testing the 2061
binaries once they're available.

Cheers,

--
Oliver