[cvsnt] Build 2063 (RC5): Well done! ;)

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Aug 18 23:24:12 BST 2005

Just thought I'd let you know I could no longer reproduce any of the
problems I reported about earlier (except for the various weirdnesses
when updating certain folders of the CVSNT repository but I'll blame
that on the unfinished rename support at the time those files were
renamed). :)

I have now also updated my version of the Inno installer.
In addition to the functionality of the MSI installer it will now:
- Let you choose the location of the Temp dir, create it if necessary
and make sure it has the appropriate permissions set (i.e. full access
to authenticated users).
- Attempt to stop the cvsagent process before trying to overwrite it.
- Offer to start cvsagent at the end of the installation process.

I'm currently using SysInternal's pskill to stop the cvsagent.exe which
I'm not entirely sure I'm allowed to distribute (though the installer
deletes it immediately when it's done). If I could somehow get at a
window handle I could possibly just send a WM_QUIT message to it. Tony,
does the cvsagent have a handle? Should I be able to get at it by name
or class? If so, what's its name?

I have already updated my current version of the Inno script here:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/ogiesen/cvsnt.iss

As soon as I have either found a way to get at cvsagent's window handle
or determined the usage restrictions of pskill I will upload the
compiled installer as well. Stay tuned.

Cheers,

--
Oliver