[cvsnt] Re: RFE:Parameter similar to "-f" on update command

Henrik Wahlberg hwahlbergexcel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 15:59:46 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Henrik Wahlberg wrote:
>
>> We have been discussing that, and that would have to negative
>> sideeffects:
>>   1) it would be impossible to review/list those files specially
>> modified for costumer 'A'
>

> You could do that just by finding out the difference between the tags.

I may be novice here, but afaik, it's very much simpler to dicover which
files contain a given tag, than those that are different.

> If you don't tag all files, you have no reliable way of getting back the
> same fileset for the customer, should you have a bug to fix.
That was excactly the purpose of this RFE.
This would help greatly in that.

> You're just making extra work for yourself... just tag everything and
> let cvs handle it.
I'm sorry, but I dont see any way of automating this without using
multiple tags and moving them manuarally. Whit this suggestion I could
relatively simple build any combination of a given baseline and costumer
tag.

With your suggestion, I can only build the baseline / costumer
combinations that has ben tagged beforehand, ans afaik, manually.

Regards Henrik