[cvsnt] Re: CVSMailer
bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Aug 28 09:23:44 BST 2005
If you want me to analyze what is happening in your installation you
must do the following:
1) Collect the following files into a zip archive and email it to me
(do not send it to the cvsnt list, it has nothing to do with
- ML<date>.log and MS<date>.log from a date when the problems show up.
2) Describe your system setup:
- Directory structure of the CVS repository (file/folder locations)
- Version of the CVS *server* (client has no influence here)
- If possible, export the following registry key and put the reg file
into the zipfile mentioned above after changing the extension from
.reg to .txt (to get past some email virus checkers).
>From a brief look at your email there are a few things that stand out,
one of them is the fact that the users file is not accessible and the
other is the version info as stated below:
>Info release :
>Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2064
>Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.20 (client/server)
>CVSMailer : 18.104.22.168
This does not look like a CVSNT *server* at all to me and the
CVSMailer application was explicitly developed *only* for CVSNT! It
uses the registry data that CVSNT has written and if these are not
present then CVSMailer will likely not work.
Are you using a GNU CVS server???
The fact that you have a CVSNT *client* does not help at all,
CVSMailer is a *server* side utility only.
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)
More information about the cvsnt