[cvsnt] login to cvs using pserver

Miro Šimko miro.satan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 14:49:27 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have great troubles with initialization of CVS.
Steps, that I made, are following:

*1.* Install CVSNT and run both services.

*2.* Create repository root "c:/cvs/repo/sklad" with name "/sklad" and
initialize it.

*3.* Now, I can checkout CVSROOT directory from this new project using
 >cvs -dc:/cvs/repo/sklad co CVSROOT

What I would like now is to login using :pserver: protocol( needed in
eclipse IDE)

I have user account on WinXP: name "Miro", empty password ( with admin
privileges...:)

*4.* So I tried to login to cvs under this account, no success:

 >cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:Miro at localhost:2401:/sklad
CVS Password:
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server localhost rejected
access to /sklad

So I changed my system password, so it was not empty, same result.
I turned it back to empty and continued.

*5.* Add user to passwd file using following command
 >cvs -dc:/cvs/repo/sklad passwd -r Miro -a Miro
Adding user Miro
New Password:
Verify Password:

Now, I put nonempty password. If I undestand, now I have alias named
'Miro' with nonemty password for WinXP user named also 'Miro'.

Once again, I try to login( with correct password)
 >cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:Miro at localhost:2401:/sklad
CVS Password:
Fatal error, aborting.
cvs [login aborted]: Miro: no such user

If I put wrong password, I get:
Logging in to :pserver:Miro at localhost:2401:/sklad
CVS Password:
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server localhost rejected
access to /sklad

If anyone can help, I'll appreciate. I also tried step 5 with another
alias( not Miro, but CVSUser) but with same troubles :(

Miro