[cvsnt] cvs server: Permission denied

Qi, Xiaofeng xqi at indiana.edu
Fri Dec 2 21:00:18 GMT 2005

Hi,
We're currently using cvsnt 2.0.51.0 on a WindowsXP sp2 box, and running
into problems of committing changes to the server.  The error message
after issuing a cvs commit is as follows:

Checking in Control.cls;
/cvsroot/src/AOControl/Control.cls,v  <--  Control.cls
cvs server: cannot change mode of file
/cvsroot/src/AOControl/Control.cls,v: Permission denied
cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
/cvsroot/src/AOControl/,Control.cls, to
/cvsroot/src/AOControl/,Control.cls,: Permission denied

I searched the mailing list, and it looked like someone had run into the
same problem before, but I couldn't find a posting that provides a
solution.  Has anyone figured out what the problem is?  Your help is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.