[cvsnt] How to setup remote repository

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Wed Dec 7 09:41:36 GMT 2005

> From: [...] vivek ahuja
>   We want to have repository on Microsoft Windows 2003
> Server. We have Windows 2000 Professional development
> machines. We want to have cvs client on these machines. I
> dont know how to setup.

A couple of questions before I can answer that:

- Are all of these machines in the same Active Directory domain?  If so,
your preferred route is almost certainly SSPI.  I've used it here for
two years, with a Windows 2000 server and a mixture of Windows 2000 and
up workstations, with no difficulty.

- Are there any firewalls between the machines that might block access
to port 2401 or block AD authentication?  In particular, are all your
machines on the same LAN or do you have workers at remote sites that
don't have VPN access?

		- Peter