[cvsnt] setacl question for cvsnt developers

Gennady G. Marchenko gennady.marchenko at iss.ru
Wed Dec 7 11:19:25 GMT 2005

One question to cvsnt developers,

Server: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 linux

Client: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 linux/winxp

            Why acl applied on _files_ in repository when user do `cvs update`, and not work when do `cvs checkout`?

If I read help about setacl command, I can read this:

“Usage: cvs chacl [-R] [-r branch] [-u user] [-j branch] [-n] [-p priority] [-m message] [-a [no]{read|write|create|tag|control|all|none}[,...]] [-d] [file or directory...]”

i.e apply setacl on _file or directory_

And it’s realy work, but only in update (as example)

Apply file acl permission on checkout operation – nice and realy need feature.

I don’t see any logic.

Big thanks for answer,

       Gennady.