[cvsnt] Re: repository names and CVSROOT variable in commitinfo script

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Tue Dec 13 08:09:09 GMT 2005

Oliver Koltermann <okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de> writes:

> Hello Tony & list,
>
> after changing from physical to logical repository names i found my
> commitinfo script disabled. I have added a script file to the
> checkoutlist of my CVSROOT to put a stylechecker inside. My commitinfo
> contained the line
>
> ALL C:/Python24/python.exe $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/checkstyle.py
>
> Which worked well as long as the repository was accessed by a
> connection like :pserver:user at cvs.server:C:/cvsrepo containing a
> physical path. Now the virtual name /repo is used as repository name
> for the same location, but I get the error:
>
> C:/Python24/python.exe: can't open file '/repo/CVSROOT/checkstyle.py':
>    [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>
> I changed commitinfo to an absolute path, but isn't there a better
> solution?

I forgot to mention that this is a CVSNT 2.0.58d server. Are there any
changes to this behaviour in newer versions?

I know the version is old, but when I tried to update the last time an
unicode issue hindered me. And as I found out on this list especially
the scripting was in fast movement. Is there a collection of notes
about scripting support and changes between versions?

Thanks for your comments,
O. Koltermann