[cvsnt] Re: command in logInfo is not executed

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Tue Dec 13 14:52:42 GMT 2005

Hello,

bo.berglund at system3r.se (Bo Berglund) writes:

> [...]
> out on the network. I also belive that the only environment it sees is
> the System environment, so if one likes to use a construct like:

You are right. I'm happy that I didn't run into this kind of problem,
but now I feel prepared... Seems like this may also depend on the
impersonation settings? But in the end this is working - somehow :-)

> Also I think that file associations are not particularly well migrated
> to the LOCALSERVICE account too, so this construct will fail:

Also a good advice. This info would be nice to have inside the CVSNT
manual. Maybe there must be a part with platform specific notes like
this.

> I saw your comment about the CVSNT specific variables like $CVSROOT
> and Tony's reply too. After that I tried to find a full list somewhere
> of these variables but I gave up. It would be good to have them
> collected in one single place with a description and the scope of
> application. But I cannot do it....

I did not expect you to do it - I just wanted to express that I'm
feeling not very well informed about all the scripting interface. So I
add this to the few things I failed to find information about:

 * list of variables one can use in scripts

 * description of the environment one can expect inside a script. This
   may be platform and setting specific.

 * the kind of linefeed characters a script has to use in it's
   output. (I now know it has to be unix LF and it's defined in the
   cvsnt client/server protocol... but it's not documented somewhere
   to find it when writing a script.)

...and maybe more.

Best regards,
O. Koltermann