VS: [cvsnt] commit missing file

Kenneth Sørensen KES at epoke.dk
Thu Dec 15 14:09:06 GMT 2005

Hi Bo

I am aware that tags should be used to keep consistency between files. We also do that but the consistency is not kept when CVSNT does not commit what we expect it to do.

The problem is that the compiled code is deleted or renamed instead of being replaced with new code. When we do a commit for the module it is intended that both source code and the compiled code should be committed. Instead only the source code is committed.

Next we tag the module and now the tag is assigned to the new revision of the source code but the old revision of the compiled code. The result is that the old revision of the compiled code is tagged with two different versions.

All this could be avoided if we could make CVSNT check that all files are present when it commits.

Of course we could make a script that performs the checks. However, this is a bit time consuming compared to just click commit in WinCVS.

I hope this explains why I ask this question.

/Kenneth