[cvsnt] Re: Does ViewCVS respect CVSNT ACLs ?

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Sun Dec 18 20:29:27 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> That's why there's no viewcvs on the cvsnt repository any more...  It's
> probably fixable, but you'd need to modify viewcvs eg. have some form of
> login and be able to pass the username to cvsnt for the acl check.
>
> Tony

When I implemented permissions for my group, I had to use NTFS
permissions because of this -- and then I had to do an extra step after
the normal ViewCVS installation to force authentication in order to get
logged in.

I would imagine depending on the OP needs (since ViewCVS is RO anyway)
they could set up a group that is authorized to access the repository at
all, then use CVSNT ACL for the finer write / tag / etc. control within
the repository.

--
Glen Starrett