[cvsnt] Bug on "cvs unedit" after a modification followed by a "cvs edit"

Frederic Gilles fgilles at index-education.fr
Mon Dec 19 16:16:25 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I think I have found a bug on CVSNT.
Here is what I do :
- I set the read/write status of a file to "writable"
- I modify and save the file
- I do a "cvs edit" on this file
- And when I do a "cvs unedit", it doesn't ask me if I want to revert my
changes. But the read/write status changes to "read-only" and the file
becomes unedited.
The only one solution to revert the changes is then to remove the file and
do a cvs update.
This problem happens when the modification on the file is done before the
last "cvs edit", and not after.

For information, I am using Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03
(Scorpio) Build 2151 (client/server) on Windows XP SP2.
And all the files are watched using "cvs watch on".

Can someone confirm this is really a bug ? And will it be fixed in a next
release ?

--

Second problem, it may be linked with the first one.
I do a "cvs edit -z" on a file (in fact, it is Tortoise CVS which does cvs

Regards,
Frédéric GILLES