[cvsnt] Re: permission denied when users are not admins on the server (using :pserver:)

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Dec 22 06:30:09 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Oliver Giesen wrote:
>
> > I tried to recreate that scenario using VMware machines but wasn't
> > able to reproduce the problem at all so far. In fact, here it works
> > right out of the box without any need to tweak anything beyond
> > access privileges on repo and temp dir and these are identical to
> > those at the customer's. Anybody got an idea where to start looking
> > next?
>
> Traversal rights on D:\ and D:\Data possibly.

Hmm, I'm not sure what exactly you mean by traversal rights but there
are indeed no privileges at all (except for Administrators) and no
inheritance either for those two parent folders. However, I configured
it the same in my test environment and it worked nevertheless.
Likewise, because I found a similar note on this list (related to a
much older CVSNT release however), at the customer we tried assigning
more rights to these folders and it did not work (remember that this
only applies to :pserver: - :sspi: *does* work).

What would CVSNT have to look at those folders for anyway when it
already knows the full path?

> Switch on auditing in
> active directory and log the failure - it'll tell you the problem.

I'll try that.

Cheers,

--
Oliver