[cvsnt] CVSNT Weighted Survey

Mick J jr70chip_sb17 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 25 06:13:48 GMT 2005

I am trying to complete a comparison using CVSNT 2.0.51d against several 2 other products. PVCS 8.1.1 and VSS 2005. I have installed the CVSNT 2.051d and have been able to build repositories and interface thru the Websphere IDE.  I am trying to fill out the survey below for CVS only.

  I have a very limited knowledge of the CVS product and have rated and commented on the product as far as my limited knowledge would allow.

  I want to turn in a fair and objective survey and am not sure that I can do this in the time I have available to rate the Features and Costs. I am hoping that I can get help from some of the experts in this group to give me there ratings and comments(if any) for the below survey:

  The Weighting Critera is: .5=Little Impact, 1.0=Nice to have, 1.5=Productivity gain, 2.0=critical

  Web Based Operation
  Desktop Client
  Desktop Client for Multiple OS
  Devlopment API
  Command Line Interface
  Admin Tools
  Multiple developers to check out same file
  Promotion Model: Example: Bat - Dev - QA - Prod
  Integration with Visual Studio .NET 2003 & 2005
  Integration with Rational Web Developer
  Code label/tagging support
  Branching
  Merging
  Reporting Capabilities
  Tech Support/Training
  Performance over WAN/VPN

  Thanks for any assistance that could be provided.,

  Mick