[cvsnt] Help: authenticating against a domain other than default

Matthew Beermann mbeerman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 19:09:29 GMT 2005

We recently upgraded from CVSNT 2.0.X to 2.5.X (latest), and discovered that things broke for certain users. Specifically, if you attempting to log in as a member of the default domain, all is well:

  cvs -d :pserver:username at server:/projects login
  (succeeds)

  However, if you attempt to log in as a user on one of the other domains that the server is aware of, it fails:

  cvs -d :pserver:otherdomain\username at server:/projects login
  (will be rejected regardless of password)

  This used to work for us before we upgraded. We can't use the sspi protocol; Maven 1 doesn't support it. Maven 1 does support ntserver, which in turn CVSNT no longer supports. :(

  Any suggestions on how to make this work?