[cvsnt] Not getting newly created directories

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Tue Feb 1 17:03:20 GMT 2005

My thoughts: . .

I would assume that the eclipse client is not told to retrieve all
directories (are they empty directories?) for #1 . .

for #2 are you saying they are corrupted through eclipse, and not
through the command line client?  if that's so, I'm not sure what it is
. .

I'd make sure that they're set as binary files period, and that both
eclipse and cvsnt are getting the same revision . .

>>> "Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried at heintze.com> 2/1/2005 9:41:44 AM

I'm having two problems that do not appear when using the cvsnt client.
The
only appear with the eclipse client:

(1)     Only the original directories show up. None of the directories
or
files for the subsequent directories created from the command line from
different sandbox show up. These were created with the cvsnt client
using
"cvs add" and "cvs commit". These directories don't even appear when I
destroy the sandbox in eclipse and check it out again! (But they do
appear
in a sandbox created by the cvsnt client when I used "cvs update -d"
however).

(2)     My jar files are being corrupted.

The only thing can think of to do is to go to a good sand box created
by the
cvsnt client, make a new copy the directory structure and use the find
command to remove all the directories (and their contents) that contain
the
name "CVS" and then create a new repository using the cvs client
(instead of
cvsnt client) and see if I still have the problem when the eclipse
client is
talking to a cvs repository (instead of a cvsnt repository).

What a pain. Does any one have any better ideas?

Thanks,

Siegfried