[cvsnt] Can I get file differences between tags ?

Richard Kerry Richard.Kerry at bbc.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 10:21:07 GMT 2005

I'm about to put the projct I'm working on into CVS.
I have a question about generating minimal sets of deliverable files.

I need on a regular basis to prepare a set of files to be delivered to
our customer's representative.  I'd like that set of files to be just
the files that have changed or been added since the last delivery.

I'm expecting to use tags to control this.
There will be a Current Tag and a Previous Tag and I want to know which
files have been changed or added between the two tags.  Ie some sort of
Tag Difference operation.

Is this to be found already within CVS or CVSNT ?
If not can anyone point me at an external system to do this ?

Appreciatively,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
Colledia Control Engineer
Siemens Business Services Media (formerly BBC Technology)
Room 457 Design Building, Television Centre
T: +44 (0)20 82259063 F: +44 (0)20 8576 8182 M: +44 (0)7973 817745
Email: richard.kerry at bbc.co.uk
<www.bbctechnology.com>
<www.siemens.co.uk/sbs>
This e-mail (and any attachments) contains confidential information and
is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. Any views contained in this
e-mail are not the views of Siemens Business Services Ltd unless
specifically stated. If you are not the addressee, then any
distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received
in error, please advise the sender and delete/destroy it immediately. We
accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person
arising from use of this e-mail/fax. Please note that Siemens Business
Services Ltd monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication
will signify your consent to this.
Siemens Business Services Ltd
Registered No: 04128934 England
Registered Office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12
8FZ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.