[cvsnt] using the modules file...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Feb 5 00:28:47 GMT 2005

I have now restructured our CVSNT server so that all previous
repositories are now in the main repository as top level modules.

What I now want to accomplish is a modules definition that will check
out exactly what I have already, plus the extra common files.
The present solution will not give me the top level files I want,
otherwise it seems to work quite well.

I have something like this:
SourceModule1 -d Module1 Tool/Project/Module1
SourceModule2 -d Module2 Tool/Project/Module2
SourceModule3 -d Module3 Tool/Project/Module3
ClassModule1 -d Includes Common/Classes/Module1
MyProject &SourceModule1 &SourceModule2 &SourceModule3 &ClassModule1

By checking out MyProject I get a folder with the 4 subfolders
Module1, Module2, Module3 and Includes, almost exactly what I want
except for these problems:
1) I don't get the files located in Tool/Project
2) I have to list all submodules of Tool/Project

2 is unfortunate because then noone can add a new folder at this
level. And 1 causes me to lose my project file...

My problem now is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to
populate the top folder of the sandbox with the project file that
lives there in the repository (except by explicitly listing it in a
definition before the main module definition).
I would rather much more like to have a single line of checkout for my
sources like so:

#Try to get the checkout to start without intermediate folder.
ProjectSources -d . Tool/Project
MyProject &ProjectSources &ClassModule1

This way I hoped to get all of my project sources plus the project
file that lives in the Tool/Project directory and then to the side of
these files and folders also the Includes folder.
But all I get is the Includes with this approach. No sources at all...

If I replace the -d . with -d Src then I get my main source
directories into a Src subfolder below the main sandbox folder, which
is not what I want either.

So what shall I do to be able to check out a virtual module that
deposits a bunch of files in the *first* level and then also the main
project folders and finally the includes at this level?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)