[cvsnt] cvsgui on Solaris

Kohn, Robert M. robert.kohn at ngc.com
Mon Feb 7 23:25:09 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I am building a GUI application on Solaris using cvsnt and
the cvsgui source code.  Everything goes fine until the following
shows up in my shell window:

  username at host's password:

This prompt does not come from either stderr or stdout;
where is it coming from?
How can my GUI application determine when cvs wants a password
so that I can respond properly?
And how do I respond?  I.e., which File Descriptor do I write
to with the password?

Thanks.

- Bob