[cvsnt] Compiling cvs.chm was: Re: Latest updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Feb 7 23:43:26 GMT 2005

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:28:47 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>>1) What is supposed to go as the second call parameter to the
>>build.bat file? The first seems to be the sourcefile minus extension.
>>The second comes in here:
>>sed 's/__VERSION__/%2/' <../%1.dbk >%1.dbk
>
>I think this is the sole remaining thing now actually...
>What is supposed to happen here???

I got myself sed 3.59 (english version now) so I can paste in the
response I am getting. Please tell me why this happens...

F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\doc>build.bat cvs
..\sed: -e expression #1, char 1: Unknown command: `''
cvs.dbk:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
cvs.dbk:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^
unable to parse cvs.dbk
Unable to open htmlhelp.hhp.The system cannot find the file specified.

Apparently the cvs.dbk file contains something sed does not like and I
haven't got a clue as to what it might be...

I did modify the batch file to make it run at all, and I got all the
used binaries into the same dir as holds the build.bat file and
cvs.dbk:

@echo off
rmdir /q /s _tmp
mkdir _tmp
cd _tmp
..\sed 's/__VERSION__/%2/' <../%1.dbk >%1.dbk
rem xsltproc /cygdrive/d/docbook-xsl-1.66.0/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl
%1.dbk
..\xsltproc F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\doc\htmlhelp.xsl %1.dbk
..\hhc htmlhelp.hhp
copy htmlhelp.chm ../%1.chm
cd ..
rem rmdir /q /s _tmp