[cvsnt] Re: Keyword Expansion

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 8 01:59:08 GMT 2005

John De Lello wrote:
> I'm a little confused. I checked out CVSROOT, modified my cvswrappers file
> to include:
>
> *.php -k 'b'
>
> Comitted the file, re-started the CVS service. Checked in a PHP file and I'm
> still getting keyword expansion. Am I missing something?

Yes.  The wrappers only affect add/import.

To change the expansion of an existing file you do:

cvs update -kb foo.php
cvs commit -fm "Change expansion" foo.php

(If you're using an older server this might not work - the alternate
method is to use

cvs admin -kb foo.php

however this isn't versioned and will affect the older versions,
possibly making them unreadable).

You probably don't want to make a php file binary though... it'll cause
all sorts of issues like line endings plus you won't be able to merge it.